Hide

CLAYTON WEST: Clayton West Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

CLAYTON WEST.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

The first chapel (erected 1795) was irregularly supplied with pastors. They were-
  • 1795. Rev. GEORGE WILDSMITH.
  • 1817. Rev. W. PARKINSON.
  • 1818. Rev. J. STEWART.
  • 1823. Rev. J. BOND.
  • 1825. Rev. J. HOLKER.
  • 1845. Rev. J. R. SMITH.
  • 1858. Rev. W. AXFORD.
  • In 1866 the chapel was rebuilt, and a call given, in 1867, to Rev. JOHN Scott, the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.