Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: GOLCAR. Church dedication: ST. JOHN.
Ag-brigg wapentake, U. D. -Population, 3,143, vide Huddersfield; Chapel-room, 850 *1; Net value, £61.
Patron, the Vicar of Huddersfield.
Built under the Parliamentary grant.
Architecture Gothic, with tower and spire. First stone laid 13th March 1828. Consecrated in 1829. Cost, £2,865. 17s. 10d. No district has yet been assigned. -Vide 10th Report, page 3.
An inclosure Act was passed 1st Geo. IV.
No glebe house.
No return as to registers.
Post town: Huddersfield.
*1 Number of free sittings not mentioned ; but in the Report of the Church Building Commissioners the sittings are stated to be 950.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.