Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: PADDOCK.     Church dedication: ALL SAINTS.

Agbrigg wapentake, U. D. -Population, 2,500, vide Huddersfield; Chapel-room, 867 *1; Net value, £47.

Patron, the Vicar of Huddersfield. Augmented, in 1831, with £800, by lot.

Built under the Parliamentary grant.

Architecture Gothic, with tower and steeple. First stone laid 5th November 1828. Consecrated in 1830. Cost, £2,606. 12s. 2d. No district has yet been assigned. -Vide 10th Report, p. 3.

No return as to glebe house or registers.

Post town: Huddersfield.


Notes:
*1 Of which 459 are rive sittings. Vide Report of the Church Building Commissioners. in 1834, the accommodation was only stated at 800.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.