Area, 3,660 acres. Claro wapentake. -Population, 595 *1; Church-room, no return; Net value, £300. -The Church is said to have been appropriated to a Monastery in Ireland; but it does not appear when it was appropriated or the Vicarage ordained.
In 1834, the patronage was stated in the official return to be then in Sir Henry S. Goodricke, Bart., since deceased.
Valued in the King's Books, at £5. 17s. 3½d.
Glebe house unfit.
The Register Books commence in 1656.
The lord of the manor claims the right of proving wills and of granting letters of administration.
CATTAL TOWNSHIP. -Mary Falkingham's charity, by will, 1st March 1764. Interest of five guineas. William Hawker's, by will, 12th June 1760. Interest of £5.
Dobson's dole. 5s. per annum, which used to be paid by the late Rev. Henry Goodricke, whose executrix was the late Lady Harland, of Sutton Hall. -Vide 3rd Report, page 457.
Torre's MS., page 1463. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Visigovere), pages 92. 206. 207. Hargrove's Knaresborough, page 283.
*1 Viz. Hunsingore, 235; Cattal, 208; Great Ribstan with Walshford, 152.
RIBSTAN. -(Parish of Hunsingore.)
Robert de Ros gave to God, St. Mary, and the brethren of the Knights of Solomon's Temple, his manor of Ribstan and the Church, and a Commandery of the order was established here.
4th September 1444, a commission issued to the Bishop of Philippi to dedicate and consecrate the Chapel at Ribstan.
Torre's MS., page 1467. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Ripestain), pages 36. 188. 206. Mon. Angl., vol. vi. page 803. Hargrove's Knaresborough, page 1272.