Hide

KELLINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"KELLINGTON, a parish in the lower division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCROSS, West riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Beaghall, Egbrough, Kellington, and Whitley, and containing 1328 inhabitants, of which number, 283 are in the township of Kellington, 7 miles N.E. from Pontefract. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £9. 8. 11., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Edmund."


"BEAGHALL, a township in the parish of KELLINGTON, lower division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCKOSS, West riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles E.N.E. fr om Pontefract, containing 546 inhabitants."


"EGBROUGH, a township in the parish of KELLINGTON, lower division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCROSS, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.W. from Snaith, containing 215 inhabitants."


"WHITLEY, a township in the parish of KELLINGTON, lower division of the wapentake of OSGOLDCROSS, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.W. from Snaith, containing 284 inhabitants."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]