Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/WRY/WRYChCollection.txt

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: KIRK HAMMERTON.     Church dedication: ST. JOHN BAPTIST.     Church type: Augmented perpetual Curacy.

Area, 2,190 acres. Claro wapentake *1. -Population, 382 *2; Church-room, 150; Net value, £116.

William de Arches gave this Church to the Priory at Nun Monckton, to which it was appropriated, but no Vicarage was ever ordained therein.

Patron, the Rev. W. Metcalfe. Inclosure Act 5th Geo. III.

Glebe house fit.

The Register Books commence in 1714. For earlier registers vide transcripts at Richmond.

Charity:
Thomas Abbey's, by will, 21st May 1731. Rent of 1a. 2r. of land, to be distributed in bread to the poor who attend Church-part is now given in money. -Vide 4th Report, page 460.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1535. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Hambretone), pages 212. 232.


Notes:
*1 Wilstrop is in the Ainsty.

*2 Viz. Kirk Hammerton, 270; Wilstrop, 112. Returned in 1834 at 363.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.