Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: NEW MILL. Church dedication: CHRIST CHURCH.
Population, 3,750, vide Kirkburton ; Church-room, 1,000; Net value, £55.
Patron, the Vicar of Kirkburton ; impropriators, the Governors of Sheffield Hospital.
This Church was built under the Parliamentary grant. Architecture Gothic, with tower. Will accommodate 1,000 persons ; free sittings, 412. Expense £3,240. 16s. 4d. First stone laid 8th April 1829. -Vide 11th Report, page 4.
Augmented, in 1834, with £200 by lot.
Post town: Huddersfield.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.