Hide

LIDGET: Lidget Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

LIDGET.
(PRESBYTERIAN, NOW UNITARIAN.)

This place, of which mention is made in Heywood's memoirs, was licensed about 1673. Hey wood preached in it on March, 1695. Lidget is not mentioned in Neal's list.
  • Rev. -. ANDREWS.
  • 1766. Rev. JOSEPH MARSHALL. Died after forty-eight years' ministry, 1814. Chapel rebuilt 1768.
  • 1814. JEREMIAH DONNOGHUE succeeded. He was originally a Catholic priest. The chapel is now Unitarian.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.