Kirkby Malhamdale parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the west division and Liberty of Staincliffe; 6 miles from Settle, 9 from Skipton, 10 from Kettlewell, 11 from Gisburn, 50 from York. Population 204. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. James, in the deanery of Craven.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1773-1882
- Marriages: 1754-1919
- Burials: 1773-1937
- 1600, 1607, 1631, 1632, 1634-1639, 1641, 1661-1664, 1666-1669,1671-1673, 1676-1678, 1683, 1690, 1692, 1694-1711, 1713-1780, 1782-1841, 1844-1846, (1848-1869*)
* At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1597-1690, 1690-1846;
- M 1597-1690, 1690-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1597-1690; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 106; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1607-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1690-1810; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.