Hide

LOFTHOUSE CHAPEL: Lofthouse Chapel Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

LOFTHOUSE CHAPEL.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

This chapel was erected in 1828. The successive ministers have been-
  • 1829. Rev. JOHN RAINE.
  • 1832. Rev. JAMES BRUCE. In the beginning of Mr. Bruce's ministry a church was formed
  • 1835. Rev. B. LONGLEY.
  • 1838. Rev. JOHN RAMSAY.
  • 1848. Rev. J. E. EVANS.
  • 1855. Rev, N. WOODCOCK.
  • 1857. Rev. E. REEVE.
  • 1860. Rev. F. LAURIE, the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.