Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: ARKENDALE. Church dedication: ST. BARTHOLOMEW.
Area, 1,620 acres. Claro wapentake. -Population, 260; Church-room, 96 ; Net value, £98.
Patron, the Vicar of Knaresborough. Inclosure Act 13th Geo. III.
No glebe house.
The Register Books of Baptism, Nos. 1 and 2 (from 1780 to 1812), are stated in the official return to be in the possession of the Rev. H. R. Maude, of Streatham, Surrey: Marriages and burials take place at Knaresborough.
R. Burden's, by will, 1732. 10s. per annum for a sermon on Arkendale feast-day, also 10s. per annum for bread.
Randall's. Interest of £5 in the hands of the representatives of Peter Johnson, Esq., late recorder of York.
Lost charity. 8s. or 9s. per annum out of Staveley Carr. No document could be produced when the inclosure took place, and therefore nothing was set out in respect thereof. -Vide 3rd Report, page 469.
Not noticed by Torre. Bawdwen's Domesday Bock (Arghendene), pages 30. 206.
BREARTON. (Parish of Knaresborough.) -Here a Chapel has lately been erected.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.