"LEDSHAM, a parish in the upper division of the wapentake of BARKSTONE-ASH, West riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Fairburn, Ledsham, and Ledstone, and containing 881 inhabitants, of which number, 212 are in the township of Ledsham, 4 miles N.N.W. from Ferry-Bridge. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £7.4. 2., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty. Mrs.Wheler was patroness in 1826. The church, dedicated to All Saints, contains a splendid monument to the memory of Lady Elizabeth Hastings; her figure is placed in a reclining posture, and those of Lady Frances and Lady Ann, her sisters, are placed on pedestals by its side; the inscription is in Latin. Lady Elizabeth Hastings, in 1738, founded and endowed a school for twenty orphan girls, and another for twenty boys, all of whom are supplied with books."
"FAIRBURN, a township in the parish of LEDSHAM, upper division of the wapentake of BARKSTONE-ASH, West riding of the county of YORK, 2 miles N.N.W. from Ferry-Bridge, containing 426 inhabitants. It is situated on the banks of the Aire, and abounds with limestone. A cut has been made from a canal in the vicinity, and a tunnel is about to be constructed under the village, for the greater convenience of the limeworks."
"LEDSTONE, a township in the parish of LEDSHAM, upper division of the wapentake of BARKSTONE-ASH, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles N.W. from Ferry-Bridge, containing 243 inhabitants."