The cause at Beeston Hill originated from a meeting held, on August 19th, 1873, under the auspices of the Home Mission Society, which was attended by a few Baptists residing on the south side of the city. For a short time Cottage Meetings were held weekly, and a room was secured in Elland Road for Sunday Services. It was felt, however, that steps should be taken to secure' a permanent place of worship, and land was accordingly purchased in Cemetery Road, the infant cause being taken under the care of the South Parade Church. The foundation stone of the School-chapel was laid on June 21st, 1875, and the opening services took place on March 19th, 1876. The services were at first conducted by students and lay preachers, but in May, 1877, the Rev. Henry Winson undertook the pastoral charge.
The work continued under the joint direction of a local committee, formed from the South Parade Church and the Yorkshire Association, until, in 1894, the Association discontinued its support. The debt on the School-chapel was cleared in 1889, and a new Chapel Fund was opened. With the assistance of the Leeds Baptist Council, a gift of £500 from the sale of the old North Street Chapel, and a similar amount from the Centenary Fund, the present chapel was erected at the cost of £4941, and opened on July 1st, 1903. Until 1905 the work was continued as a mission of South Parade, but in that year a separate Church was formed, and in 1906, Rev. S. J. Robins was invited to its pastorate. He was succeeded, in 1909, by Rev. T. W. Armour. Beeston Hill has a large school, and has already attained a membership of 230.