Hide

BURLEY: Burley Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

BURLEY.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

The chapel at Burley was built in the year 1839, principally through the exertions of J. P. Clapham, Esq., then resident in the village. The ministers have been-
  • 1841. Rev. BENJAMIN BEDDOW. Removed to Barnsley, 1843.
  • Aug. 7th, 1843. Rev. JOSEPH Born. Removed, 1855, to West Melton.
  • Jan. 1st, 1858. Rev. JOHN ROBINSON, from Middlewich. Removed, 1859, to Saltaire.
  • Dec. 11th, 1859. Rev ROBERT GOSHAWK (of Highbury Coll.), from Leek. Resigned Oct. 31st, 1861.
  • Aug. 7th, 1864. Rev. JOHN WILDE (of Airedale Coll.), who is the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.