Hide

LEEDS: Leeds-Byron Street Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

LEEDS-BYRON STREET.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

A secession from Queen Street during the ministry of Rev. T. Scales purchased the chapel in Byron Street, where a church was formed, receiving at first the aid of neighbouring ministers, and at length inviting as pastor,
  • 1838. Rev. EDWARD JUKES (of Highbury Coll.). After the ministry of a few years, he removed to Blackburn, and the chapel was subsequently closed.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.