Hide

LEEDS: Leeds-Potternewton Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

LEEDS-POTTERNEWTON.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

A chapel was erected here in 1837. The pastors have been-
  • 1837. Rev. JOHN WILCOCK. His ministry began well; but after a time the scene was clouded, and the place became forsaken.
  • Latterly the ministers have been-
  • 1857. Rev. JOSEPH FOWLER. Left in 1861. Now at Little Waltham.
  • 1864. Rev. H. G. PARRISH, B.A. (London Univ. and Lancs. Coll.). Now at Sittingbourne.
  • 1867. Rev. J. W. ATKINSON (Richmond College, the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.