"MALTBY, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Hooton-Levet and Maltby, and containing 774 inhabitants, of which number, 679 are in the township of Maltby, 4 miles S.W. from Tickhill. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £4. 13. 4., and endowed with £200 royal bounty, and £1400 parliamentary grant. The Earl of Scarborough was patron in 18] 6. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. Lord'Viscount Castleton, in 1714, gave certain waste land for the support of a free school; the income arising from it is £15 a year, for which eight children are instructed."
"HOOTON LEVETT, a township in the parish of MALTBY, southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W.S.W. from Tickhill, containing 95 inhabitants."