Maltby parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the upper division of Strafforth and Tickhill, Liberty of Tickhill; 4½ miles from Tickhill, 7½ from Rotherham, 13 from Sheffield, 47 from York. Population 679. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, in the deanery of Doncaster.
Deposited Registers (Sheffield Archives)
- Baptisms: 1586-1650, 1698-1934
- Marriages: 1606-1653, 1698-1932
- Burials: 1602-1632, 1678-1948
- 1603-1611, 1631, 1634, 1636, 1638, 1639, 1661-1669, 1671, 1672,1675-1678, 1683-1686, 1698-1695, 1697-1710, 1712-1715, 1718-1836
- C 1597-1650, 1697-1813, 1813-1836;
- M 1603-1653, 1698-1812, 1813-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1597-1812; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 81; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1606-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.