Hide

DENABY: Denaby Baptist Church History up to 1912.

hide
Hide
Hide

DENABY BAPTIST CHURCH

Denaby has an admirable little chapel, erected in 1902, at the expense of Mr. R. H. Sharp, of Conisboro'. The attention of the county was at that time aroused by certain newspaper articles on the spiritual destitution of this mining village. The work has been sustained thus far by the Conisbro' Church, with the assistance of lay preachers.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the "Present Churches" section of
The Baptists of Yorkshire
by Rev. J. Brown Morgan
and Rev. C.E. Shipley