Hide

MEXBOROUGH: Mexborough Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

MEXBOROUGH.*
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

About the year 1860 some of the members of the church at Masborough went on Sunday mornings to Mexborough, a populous village, about six miles' distance, to conduct a Sabbath-school, and to hold meetings for prayer and reading the Scriptures. A small chapel belonging to one of the Methodist societies, was rented, and a congregation gathered. In 1866-7 a new chapel was erected.

NOTES:-
* Communicated by Rev. Dr. Falding.


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.