Hide

MonkFryston Registers - Miscellaneous.

hide
Hide
Hide

MONK FRYSTON:
Transcription of the MonkFryston Registers - Miscellaneous.

Miscellaneous entries in the Parish Registers.

THE REGISTERS OF MONK FRYSTON,
IN THE WEST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE:
1538-1678.
TRANSCRIBED BY (THE LATE)
J. D. HEMSWORTH.
Issued to subscribers 1896.
PREFACE.
The Registers of Monk Fryston to 1677 consist of eight volumes ; Vol. I. now printed, contains entries of Baptisms, Burials, and Marriages from 1S38 to 1678, which were transcribed by the late J. D. Hemsworth, Esq. The succeeding volumes are now being transcribed, and will appear in a subsequent volume of The Parish Register Society's Publications.
In Memoriam.
John David Hemsworth.
The gentleman was the younger son of Benjamin Hemsworth, of Monk Frysston Hall, by Elizabeth his wife, the only surviving child and heiress of John Bower of Smeathalls.

He was born 4 May, 1851 and was educated at Harrow and Caius College, Cambridge, where he graduated and entered his Name as a Student of the Temple. He took great interest in the Restoration of Monk Fryston Church, to which he gave the Organ. He transcribed this Register and collated the proofs, but died while the sheets were in the press, on 18 February 1895.

R.E.H. Duke,
The Parsonage,
Monk Fryston,
March 1896.


MONCK FRIESTON PARISH.
The book conteyning all the weddings Christenings and Burialls within the Parish of Monck frieston from the ffirst day of December which was in the yere of our Lord God 1538 And in the yere of the Reign of our Soveraine Lord King Henry the Eight the xxxth written by Peter Marshall then Curate there as followed.
1614 Aprill M. Mr Edmund Bunny Proebendarie of the Proebend of Wistowe gave unto the parishioners of Monckfricston tenne formes to remaine continually in there parishe churche to make use of for theire ease when they shall need them. These formes are chiefly made for the chauncell to bee used at the communion.
Aprill Wm : Strode came to Monkfriston Apr. 5 1662: Aetatis 23.
Data transcribed from
A publication by the Yorkshire Parish Register Society
published in the year 1896
Transcribed by Colin Hinson
This page © 2020