Monk Fryston parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Barkston Ash, a part in the Liberty of St. Peter; 4 miles from Ferrybridge, 6½ from Pontefract, 7½ from Selby, 13¾ from Leeds, 19 from York. Population 409. The Church, a prebendal peculiar, is a parochial Chapelry, in the deanery of the Ainsty.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research.)
- Baptisms: 1538-1894
- Marriages: 1538-1943
- Burials: 1538-1756, 1758-1924
- 1604, 1605, 1609, 1610, 1612, 1615, 1619, 1635, 1636, 1641, 1662,1663, 1665-1675, 1685-1687, 1689, 1691-1820, 1822-1838, 1841-1868
- C 1538-1756, 1755-1868;
- M 1538-1812, 1813-1837, 1837-1887
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1538-1678; Printed transcript with index; Parish Register Society (publications of) 5; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- CB 1679-1756; M 1679-1812; Typed transcript, with index; H. G. Gillespie, 1943; Society of Genealogists
- M 1679-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1691-1765; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.