Hide

OTLEY: Otley Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

OTLEY.
(INDEPENDENT.)

The Independent congregation at Otley was begun in the year 1821, at which time it worshipped in the Assembly Room. In 1825 a chapel was erected, and it was enlarged in 1856.
  • 1829. The Rev. JAMES Swift HASTIE, of Airedale College, became the minister. He still remains.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.