Otley parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market town, in the upper division of Skyrack, Liberty of Cawood, Wistow, and Otley; 8 miles from Harewood, 10 from Leeds, Bingley and Bradford, 12 from Keighley, and Ripley, 13 from Knaresborough, 15 from Skipton, 16 from Wetherby, 28 from York, 208 from London. Population 3,065. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of the Ainsty.
Deposited Registers (West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- Baptisms: 1562-1938
- Marriages: 1562-1940
- Burials: 1562-1943
- 1602, 1605, 1630-1633, 1635-1639, 1661, 1665-1669, 1672, 1673, 1675,1676, 1678, 1682-1684, 1688, 1689, 1691-1714, 1716-1847, (1848-1871, 1873, 1875, 1876, 1889-1897*)
* At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1563, 1564, 1583-1753, 1753-1847;
- M 1562-1670, 1672-1750, 1750-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1750-1812; Transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) CD3
- CMB 1562-1672; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 33; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- CMB 1672-1753; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 44; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- C 1754-1783; M 1754; B 1745-1783; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1562-1750; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.