Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: LOW HARROWGATE.     Church dedication: SAINT MARY'S.

Area, vide Pannall. Claro wapentake, L. D. - Population, 300, vide Pannall; Chapel-room, 800 *1; Net value, £90. -Originally a Chapel of Ease to Pannall, but augmented, in 1834, with £200, and £200, to meet benefactions of £400 by subscriptions, and made a district Church, under 59th Geo. III. cap. 134, sec. 16. -Vide 12th Report, page 5.

Patron, the Vicar of Pannall.

There is no glebe house.

No return as to registers. Marriages are celebrated at Pannall.

Post town: Knaresborough.


References:
Hargrove's Knaresborough, page 106.


Notes:
*1 1,200 additional sittings (of which 600 are free) have been procured, towards which the Society made a grant of £600.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.