Penistone parish registers, Cumberworth Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish of Penistone, Agbrigg division of Agbrigg and Morley, Liberty of Wakefield; 5½ miles from Penistone, 8 from Huddersfield, 10 from Barnsley. Population 1,120. Here is a Chapel dedicated to St. Nicholas.
Deposited Registers (West Yorkshire Archive Service, Wakefield)
- Baptisms: 1708-1938
- Marriages: 1708-1939
- Burials: 1708-1968
- 1664-1669, 1671-1673, 1675-1677, 1679, 1683, 1684, 1689, 1691, 1692,1694-1698, 1700-1703, 1705-1710, 1712-1716, 1718, 1719, 1721-1729, 1731- 1789, 1808-1840
- C 1731-1789, 1808-1840;
- M 1731-1789, 1808-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1708-1744; T(Indexed to 1741); M 1708-1742; Typed transcript, with index; B 1708-1755; T(Indexed to 1741); SOG
- C 1708-1744; M 1724-1742; B 1708-1741; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- C 1813-1862; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
- C 1863-1938; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
- CM 1664-1837; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
- B 1708-1968; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.