RAWMARSH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.
"RAWMARSH, a parish in the West Riding of Yorkshire, to the N. E. of Rotheram, not far from the r. Dun, anciently bel. to the Deincourts, by gift of William the Conq. In the R. of Rich. II. part of it was given to St. Mary's-Chapel in Southwell, Nottinghamshire. The T. is noted for earthen-ware, and its fields for white wheat. Here is the seat of Mr. Goodwin."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]