Ripley parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market town, in the upper division of Claro; 3¼ miles from Harrogate, 5 from Knaresborough, 7¾ from Ripon, 9 from Pateley Bridge, 23 from York, 205 from London. Population 251. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of Boroughbridge, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1560-1636, 1649-1862
- Marriages: 1560-1636, 1649-1929
- Burials: 1560-1636, 1649-1882
- 1637, 1659-1663, 1675, 1680, 1681, 1683, 1687, 1689-1691, 1696-1699,1703, 1705-1713, 1715-1718, 1723, 1725-1727, 1729, 1730, 1732-1735, 1737-1848, 1850, 1851, 1855, 1885, 1888-1896 (All at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- C 1560-1846;
- M 1565-1636, 1651-1846
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CB #1560-1812; M 1564-1801; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.