Hide

GREASBOROUGH: Greasborough Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

GREASBOROUGH.*
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

The chapel in this village was erected in 1815. It was rebuilt in 1865-6. For many years there was service only in the evening. Many of the people from the village came over on the Sabbath morning to Masbro', remained for the morning and afternoon service, and returning, took with them a student from the college to preach to them at night. Recently, however, this practice has ceased, and now there are two services in the chapel.

NOTES:-
* Communicated by Rev. Dr. Falding.


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.