Hide

RYTHER: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"RYTHER, a parish partly in the upper, but chiefly in the lower, division of the wapentake of BARKSTONEASH, West riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles N.N.W. from Selby, containing, with the townships of Lead-Hall and Ozendike, 385 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £6. 11. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to All Saints."


"LEAD HALL, a township in that part of the parish of RYTHER, which is in the upper division of the wapentake of BARKSTONE-ASH, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.S.W. from Tadcaster, containing 50 inhabitants."


"OZENDIKE, a township in that part of the parish of RYTHER, which is in the lower division of the wapentake of BARKSTONE-ASH, West riding of the county of YORK, 8 miles N.W. from Selby. The population is returned with the parish, P.%"

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]