"RYTHER, a parish and township in the lower and upper divisions of Barkstone Ash wapentake, West Riding county York, 6 miles E. of Tadcaster, its post town, 6 N.W. of Selby, and 3 W. of Ulleskelf railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Wharfe, near its junction with the Ouse, and is wholly agricultural. The soil is of a light and loamy nature. The land is chiefly arable, with some pasture and woodland. The parish comprises the hamlets of Ozendike and Ledd. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £613 14s., and the glebe comprises 12 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of York, value £573, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The register dates from 1558. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. W. S. Morritt, Esq., is lord of the manor."
"LEADHALL, a township in the parish of Ryther, Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, West Riding county York, 6 miles N.W. of Selby, and 5 S.W. of Tadcaster. In the village is an ancient chapel-of-ease."
"OZENDIKE, a township in the parish of Ryther, lower division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, West Riding county York, 7 miles N.W. of Selby, on the river Wharfe."