Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: HOWGILL.     Church dedication: PATRON SAINT NOT KNOWN.

Ewcross wapentake. -Population, 250; Church-room, 120; Net value, £57.

Patron, the Vicar of Sedburgh.

There is no glebe house.

Register Books, vide Sedburgh.

Charity:
School. Founded by John Robinson, by will 5th June 1707, (who also built the Chapel). House, and 17A. of land ; the Curate receives the rent and instructs the children. -Vide 13th Report, page 659.


References:
Not noticed by Torre. Whitaker's Richmondshire, vol. ii. page 355.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.