Sedbergh parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish and market town, in the wapentake of Ewcross; 5 miles from Dent, 11 from Kendal and Kirby Lonsdale (Westmoreland), 14½ from Hawes, 22 from Askrigg, 25 from Lancaster (Lancs), 77 from York, 265 from London. Population 2,022. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Andrew, in the deanery of Kirby Lonsdale, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (CRO, Kendal)
- Baptisms: 1606-1962
- Marriages: 1594-1986
- Burials: 1595-1966
- 1673, 1674, 1676, 1689, 1690, 1694, 1696-1712, 1715-1727, 1729-1798,1800-1870, 1873, 1874, 1876-1878, 1880-1883 (All at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- C 1605-1749, 1754-1812, 1813-1837, 1839-1847;
- M 1594-1623, 1633-1800, 1813-1843
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1594-1800; Printed transcript with index; A. T. Winn, 1912; Yorkshire Archaeological Society, Society of Genealogists
- MB 1594-1800; Printed transcript with index; 1912; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1594-1800; Printed transcript with index; A. T. Winn, 1911; Society of Genealogists
- M 1594-1800; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- B 1594-1800; Printed transcript with index; A. T. Winn, 1912; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.