Snaith parish registers, Carleton juxta Snaith Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish of Snaith, wapentake of Barkston Ash; 2 miles from Snaith, 6 from Selby, 15 from Pontefract. Population 775. The Church, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Snaith Court, is a Chapel of ease to Snaith, dedicated to St. Mary.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research.)
- Baptisms: 1618-1949
- Marriages: 1617-1971
- Burials: 1618-1643, 1654-1941
- 1598-1601, 1603, 1608, 1639, 1694, 1720, 1723, 1725-1729, 1737-1739,1741, 1744, 1745, 1751, 1753, 1754, 1756, 1757, 1759-1766, 1770, 1774- 1781, 1783-1857, 1867
- C 1598-1812, 1813-1867;
- M 1598-1812, 1813-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1598-1812; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 96; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1618-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1813-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.