Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

Source=h:/!Genuki/RecordTranscriptions/WRY/WRYChCollection.txt

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: GOOLE.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Osgoldcross wapentake, L. D. -Population, 1,671, vide Snaith; Chapel-room, 400; Net value, £94.

Patrons and impropriators, the trustees of the Aire and Calder Navigation.

The Parliamentary Commissioners recommended this Chapelry to be annexed to Hooke. -Survey, . vol. xviii. page 366.

There are two Chapels in this town, one in Old Goole, and the other in New Goole. The latter is not yet consecrated, and is the one named as above in the patronage of the trustees of the Aire and Calder Navigation.

Registers, vide Hooke.

No glebe house.

Parochial Charities. -Vide Hooke.

A post town.


References:
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 1,392.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.