Hide

Thrybergh, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1750.

hide
Hide
Hide
Hide

THRYBERGH:
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1750.

"THRYBERGH, (given as "THRIBERGH") a parish in the West Riding of Yorkshire, on the bank of the Dun, opposite to Rowmarsh, was formerly the seat of the Normanvills, from whom it went by marriage in the R. of Edward III. to the Reresbys of Reresby, in whose family it continued, till sold by Sir William to John Savile of Methely."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Stephen Whatley's England's Gazetteer, 1750]