[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"TODWICK, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 7 miles SE. of Rotherham, 7¾ from Worksop, (Notts) 10¼ from Sheffield, 49 from York. Pop. 210. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, £6. 14s. 7d. p.r. £148. 17s. 7d. Patron, the Duke of Leeds."
"TODWICK GRANGE, (the seat of George Fox, Esq.) in the township and parish of Todwick."
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]
- The Charities for St. Peter's Church, Todwick.
- Transcript of the entry for Todwick in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The following transcriptions are transcriptions of transcriptions originally done in 1988 by Wath and Mexborough Archives. These documents have many typographical errors and so we cannot vouch for the accuracy in the original transcription. If you find anything of interest here, please be sure to check the original Parish Registers source material.
Transcriptions by Jack Parry of:
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Todwick.
- The Todwick Village website is maintained by Todwick resident Sheila Pantry.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory and Gazetteer, Vol I, West Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Todwick to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK497842 (Lat/Lon: 53.352359, -1.254815), Todwick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The War Memorial Plaque in St. Peter and St. Paul's Church porch, Todwick.
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.