Hide

TREETON: Treeton Baptist Church History up to 1912.

hide
Hide
Hide

TREETON BAPTIST CHURCH

At Treeton, the Baptist cause began in a room over a stable, the workers coming from the Attercliffe Church. An iron chapel was erected in 1890, on ground rented from a colliery company. The building had afterwards to be transferred to another site, the land being required for a new railway. For several years Attercliffe continued to direct and sustain the work, but the Church at Glossop Road has recently become responsible for its oversight.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the "Present Churches" section of
The Baptists of Yorkshire
by Rev. J. Brown Morgan
and Rev. C.E. Shipley