Agbrigg wapentake, L.D. -Population, 5,047 *1, vide Wakefield; Chapel-room, 1,500 *2; Net value, £85.
Patron, the Rev. Samuel Sharp, now Vicar of Wakefield, and after his incumbency, the Lord Chancellor.
Built under the Parliamentary grant. Architecture Gothic, with turrets. First stone laid 13th September 1821. Cost, £12,191. 0s. 8d. A District has been assigned under 59th Geo. III. cap. 134, sec. 16. -Vide 4th Report, page 3, and 11th Report, page 6.
Augmented in 1826 with £2,200 from the Parliamentary grant, by lot.
No return as to registers.
No glebe house.
Almshouses for two widows, purchased with £50 given by Anne Harrison, widow.
Alice Newstead's charity, by will, in 1771. Interest of £50 (now taken by the parish) to be distributed among poor persons. -Vide 17th Report, page 710.
Post town: Wakefield.
*1 Stanley with Wrenthorpe.
*2 Of which 724 are free sittings.