WICKERSLEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"WICKERSLEY, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles S.E. from Rotherham, containing 432 inhabitants. The living is a, rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £8. 0, 2. H. Kater, Esq. was patron in 1804. The church is dedicated to St.Alban, Here are quarries of excellent grindstone, from which the Sheffield manufacturers are supplied m large quantities."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]