EAST RIDING COUNTY POLICE.
By Section 9 of the Local Government Act, the police have been placed under the joint control of the Quarter Sessions and the County Council, exercised through a standing joint committee. The force consists of a chief constable, a deputy chief constable, six superintendents, seven inspectors (including one clerk), 14 sergeants, and 83 constables.
- Chairman of Quarter Sessions and of Police Committee, The Hon. Arthur Duncombe, Kilnwick Percy, Pocklington.
- Chief Constable, Major H. J. Bower.
- Deputy Chief Constable, Superintendent Thomas Wood, Beverley.
- Inspector and Clerk, John Sutherland.
- Head Quarters, Beverley.
- Superintendent, W. Winterbottom, Norton.
- Stations - Leavening, Norton, Billington, Settrington, Sherburn, Weaverthorpe.
- Clerk to the Justices - W. H. Pearson, Malton.
- Superintendent, W.H. Winpenny, Bridlington
- Stations - Bridlington, Burton Agnes, Filey, Flamborough, Hunmanby, Rudston, Wold Newton.
- Clerk to the Justices - W. Richardson, Bridlington.
BAINTON BEACON DIVISION.
- Superintendent, B. W. Kelsey, Great Driffield.
- Stations - Great Driffield, Hutton Cranswick, Kilham, Middleton, Nafferton, Sledmere, Wetwang, North Frodingham, and Langtoft,
- Clerk to the Justices - John M. Jennings, Driffield.
NORTH HUNSLEY BEACON DIVISION.
- Superintendent, T. Wood, Beverley;
- Inspector, Wm. Cooper, Leven.
- Stations - Beverley, Cherry Burton, Lockington, North Newbald, Sigglesthorne, Thearne, Bewholme, Hornsea, Leven.
- Clerk to the Justices - James Mills, Beverley.
- Superintendent, John Burniston, Sproatley.
- Inspector, John Don, Patrington.
- Stations, Aldborough, Hedon, Keyingham, Patrington, Paull, Sproatley,South Skirlaugh, Sutton, Withernsea, Easington, Roos.
- Clerk to the Justices - G. B. Park, Hedon.
SOUTH HUNSLEY BEACON DIVISION
- Superintendent, D. Harvey, Welton;
- Inspector, G. Clark, Cottingham.
- Stations - Anlaby, Cottingham, Hessle, Kirk Ella, Newland, New Village, North Cave, North Ferriby, South Cave, Weeton Parva, Welton, Elloughton.
- Clerk to the Justices - J. P. Chatham, Hull.
- Inspector, Thomas Weal, Howden.
- Stations - Bubwith, Eastrington, Howden, Laxton.
- Clerk to the Justices - G. England, Howden.
OUSE AND DERWENT DIVISION.
- Inspector, John Rawlings, Escrick.
- Stations - Cliffe, Dunnington, Escrick, Gate Fulford, Heslington, Riccall, Wheldrake.
- Clerk to the Justices - B. Holtby, York.
WILTON BEACON DIVISION.
- Superintendent, J. Farrah, Pocklington;
- Inspector, J. Hornby, Market Weighton.
- Stations - Bishop Wilton, Pocklington, Stamford Bridge, Everingham, Holme-on-Spalding Moor, Market Weighton, Melbourne, Wilberfoss, Warter.
- Clerk to the Justices - T. Robson, Pocklington.
Data transcribed from:
Bulmer's East Riding
Scan, OCR and html software by Colin Hinson.
Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.