YORKSHIRE: Page for requesting use of data on the Genuki Yorkshire* pages


If you are trying to report an error on one of the Genuki pages which I (Colin Hinson) maintain,
please return to the page containing the error and take the link at the bottom left of that page.

If you are asking to use a photograph from the Genuki Yorkshire website
on your web page, please use the Photograph Copyright page.

If you are trying to contact me (Colin Hinson), on another subject, please use my
email page.

If you want to use information on the Genuki Yorkshire site on your own web site, then I would much prefer that you put in a link to the appropriate page rather than copy the information. You don't need my permission to put in a link (though if you tell me, I'll let you know if I move the page), but you do need permission to copy any of the data to your website (please see the conditions of use page).

In order to use data from the Genuki Yorkshire* site, you need the permission of the copyright owner.
In the first place, you will need to email me (Colin Hinson) and I will forward your email to the relevant person (if it is not myself), and you will be contacted by that person by email.

In order to process a request to use data (e.g. transcriptions), I need:

  1. The name of the person holding the copyright (if there is no reference to this at the bottom of the page, then the copyright owner is myself (Colin Hinson))
  2. The URL(web address) of the page from which you want to use data. To get the URL, you can switch back to the page you came from by selecting the other browser window (on the task bar on a PC) and then copy and pasting the name from the address bar - switch back here using the task bar again.
  3. A detailed description of what you want to use the data for, e.g.
    1. use of data on a website (giving your website URL).
    2. use of data once only in a single family tree book/CDrom.
    3. use of data in several family tree books/CDroms.
    4. use of data in a book to be published.
    5. etc.
  4. Whether or not money will change hands in exchange for the item in which the data will appear. i.e. are you bearing the expense yourself, or are you being recompensed for the item (even if "non-profit" making)?

You can contact me via the "Find help......" link at the bottom left of the page (this may take you to a link near the top of the page.)
Please remember that my time is valuable to me and I am not a Family History expert.

Thank you very much. You can kill off this window by pressing the "X" at the top right corner. This will put you back where you came from.

Colin Hinson.

* This page is written for GENUKI Yorkshire, but the same applies to any of the GENUKI counties that I maintain or have data in.

Written by Colin Hinson © 2017