In 1868, the parish of Ballycor contained the following places:
"BALLYCOR, a parish in the barony of Upper Antrim, in the county of Antrim, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles to the N. of Ballyclare. It is situated on the Six-mile Water, which forms its northern and eastern boundaries. The living is a perpetual curacy united with that of Ballyeaston, in the diocese of Down, Connor, and Dromore."
"BALLYEASTON, a village in the parish of Ballycor, and barony of Upper Antrim, in the county of Antrim, province of Ulster, Ireland, 2 miles N. from Ballyclare. The living is a perpetual curacy, united with that of Ballycor, in the diocese of Down, Connor, and Dromore, of the value of £87, and in the patronage of the bishop."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018