County Cavan Newspapers Transcription Project
To transcribe 19th century County Cavan newspaper articles, submit them to Ireland Old News and thereby provide an online source of data for genealogical or historical research. The articles to be transcribed include:
- Birth-marriage-death announcements of prominent citizens
- Applications for liquor licenses
- Coroner's inquests
- Persons convicted of crimes
- Some obituaries
- Letters by D'Alton on the History of County Cavan
- Poor Law Union News Advertisements and Legal Notices
- Voter Lists
How can I help?
- Donate or loan microfilm.
- Transcribe articles.
- Copy images of articles and distribute to transcribers.
- Coordinator - Colin Ferguson
- Transcribers - Karen Hart Anthony, Carol Granville and Kay Stanton
- Also - Dorothy Done, Lizette Strait, Duncan McMaster and Sandy Beagan
- With Assistance From - Joan McManus, Tamy Lee and the County Cavan Library