In 1868, the parish of Clondagad contained the following places:
"CLONDAGAD, a parish in the barony of Islands, in the county of Clare, province of Munster, Ireland 6 miles to the S.W. of Clare. This parish, which lies along the bank of the river Fergus, is boggy and mountainous. The river Owenslieve passes through the greater part of the interior, and the road from Ennis to Kildysart describes its eastern boundary. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Killaloc, Kilfenora, Clonfert, and Kilmacduagh, value £138, in the patronage of the bishop The expenses of building the church, in 1810, were defrayed by the late Board of First. Fruits. Here are a Roman Catholic chapel and two day schools. The principal seats in the neighbourhood are Clondagad House, Annfield, Cagbrien, and Racket Hall."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018