CLONLOGHAN, a parish, in the barony of BUNRATTY, county of CLARE, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Six-Mile-Bridge; containing 763 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Shannon, and contains 2711 statute acres as applotted under the tithe act, which are mostly in pasture: it includes part of the rich corcasses on the banks of the Shannon. Knockhane is the residence of P. McMahon, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Killaloe; the rectory is part of the rectorial union of Tomfinlogh; the vicarage is part of the vicarial union of Kilfinaghty. The tithes amount to £105. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Newmarket.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.