In 1868, the parish of Clonloghan contained the following places:
"CLONLOGHAN, a parish in the barony of Lower Bunratty, in the county of Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles to the S. of Newmarket-on-Fergus. It is situated on a peninsula between the mouths of the Shannon and Fergus. The soil is good, disposed in arable and pasture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Killaloe, value with Kilfinaghta, £277, in the patronage of the bishop. The parish has neither church nor chapel. Six-Mile Bridge is its post town."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018