In 1868, the parish of Feakle contained the following places:
"FEAKLE, a parish and post town in the barony of Upper Tulla, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles N.W. of Scarriff. It is situated on the new road from thence to Gort, and contains the village of Baurroe. The parish consists of bog and mountain, the highest peak being 1,312 feet above sea level. Loughs O'Grady and Graney lie in the interior. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Killaloe, value £92, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church was built in 1823 by the late Board of First Fruits. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to three others. There is a National and five pay day schools. The principal seat is Caher. Lead ore is found in the parish."
"BAURROE, a village in the parish of Feakle, barony of Upper Tulla, in the county of Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles to the W. of Scariff."