In 1868, the parish of Gleninagh contained the following places:
"GLENINAGH, (or Glaninagh), a parish in the barony of Burren, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 12 miles from Ennistymon, near Galway Bay. Ballyvaughan is its post town. The surface is rugged and hilly. The villages of Glaninagh, Murroghkelly, and Murroghtwohy, are within the limits of this parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Kilfenora, value with Rathbourney, £247, in the patronage of the bishop.
"MURROGHKELLY and MURROGHTWOHY, hamlets in the barony of Burren, county Clare, Ireland, 23 miles N. of Ennis. They are situated near New Quay Harbour."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018