In 1868, the parish of Killeany contained the following places:
"KILLEANY, (or Kilheny), a parish in the barony of Burren, county Clare, province of Munster, Ireland, 3 miles N. of Kilfenora. Ennistimon is its post town. It is 3 miles long by 2 broad. The surface for the greater part consists of waste land. The living is a vicarage not in charge, in the diocese of Kiltenora. There is a Roman Catholic chapel, united to that of Oughtmanna. The parish belongs to Creagh of Carrabane. There are traces of ancient fortifications, and of a cromlech.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018